What happened with the 216 San bernadino?

Goings on in the world of theatre organs
asd123321
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

What happened with the 216 San bernadino?

Post by asd123321 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:54 pm

and 500,000 refurbishment of the Wurlitzer

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: What happened with the 216 San bernadino?

Post by Jim Henry » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:52 am

The last time I had contact with the San Bernardino Fox Style 216, the Inland Empire Theatre Organ Society (IETOS) had all the pipe work functioning and had restored the console stops to their original configuration. The next major phase of work was to restore the console, primarily the combination action. At that time the theatre was owned by the San Bernardino Redevelopment Agency. There was a debate as to whether the console should remain as an original electro-pneumatic console using the original electro-pneumatic relay or if it should be modernized with stop action magnets and an electronic relay. IETOS favored keeping the organ as an original electro-pneumatic console and relay. The head of the redevelopment agency favored modernization. When he decreed that the organ would be modernized, IETOS withdrew its participation in the project, which is when I lost touch with the organ. Shortly thereafter, the State of California dissolved all of the Redevelopment Agencies and the project to modernize the 216 was shelved as a result. As far as I know, the 216 is as IETOS left it.
Jim Henry