Linux/Transmission on Seagate Personal Cloud Nas

Installation of the Miditzer on Linux machines
JensenBreck
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Linux/Transmission on Seagate Personal Cloud Nas

Post by JensenBreck » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:35 am

I'm after some help with Transmission on my Seagate Personal Cloud Nas.

The Nas has Transmission installed out of the box, but has a front end that's not very configurable (can only set down/up limits), but it also sets the configuration file so that I can't seem to edit Transmissions settings.json and make the settings stick.

I know that Transmission must be stopped for settings to stick, so I use (logged in as [root@PersonalCloud ~])

transmission-remote --exit
It responds with

localhost:9091/transmission/rpc/ responded: "success"
but then respawns when checking with

ps -A | grep transmission
8139 root 0:00 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --config-dir /lacie/torrent_dir/transmission --pid-file /var/run/transmission.pid
so the front end/Nas software must be controlling it.

If I do a kill (Transmission process ID), it dies, but when I write to settings.json (located in /lacie/torrent_dir/transmission), and confirmed by going back into the file after writing, the settings get overwritten when I restart it through the webbrowser controller.

Does anyone have any pointers on how i can get the settings to stick? This external post on the transmissionbt forums – clickymentions an init script that is passed to the daemon – but I have very little linux experience, and don't know how to progress.

Is there a way in Linux to see what has called a process?

Any help is appreciated.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=2631988

demo video