Miditzer on Long Island, NY

Goings on in the world of theatre organs
silentfilmmusic
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Miditzer on Long Island, NY

Post by silentfilmmusic » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I am continuing to accompany silent films on a monthly basis with the Miditzer 216 at the Cinema Arts Centre in Huntington NY. Upcoming shows, all in 35mm prints, are:
July 31 at 7:30 - Constance Talmadge in HER SISTER FROM PARIS
Aug 28 at 7:30 - Lillian Gish in THE WIND
Sept 18 at 7:30 - Marion Davies in THE PATSY
Here's the page for the "Anything But Silent" series.

Plus, in September, I will pack up my pedals and fly to Massillon OH for the annual Fall Cinesation Sept 27-30 to accompany silents in the town's 1915 Triangle theatre on the 216 Mtz.

There's more coming up for September, but I'll post details once the recordings are done. ;)

Ben

silentfilmmusic
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Re: Miditzer on Long Island, NY

Post by silentfilmmusic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 am

Our silent film series continues monthly, although the theatre and much of Long Island lost power because of hurricane Sandy for a week, and our Oct 30 show of "A Page of Madness" was cancelled and will be rescheduled for 2013.

Up next we are showing:
Nov 13 - Buster Keaton in "Our Hospitality"
Dec 4 - Charlie Chaplin shorts

TCM viewers heard the Miditzer on Nov 11 when they aired the Kino release of "Sherlock Holmes" (1922) that I scored, as well as on a few shorts that I scored for the September nights of Mack Sennett shorts.

I brought the Miditzer to the F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts on 10/31 for a Halloween night showing of "Nosferatu". The theatre is a 1938 movie house, originally the Comerford Theater. I've posted photos of the theatre here on the Cinema Treasures website; you can almost see the Miditzer set up if you look real close.

Ben