Viscount EMPIRE

Photo Gallery for Member's Miditzers
MarkLaEl
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Viscount EMPIRE

Post by MarkLaEl » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:22 am

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

I couldn't resist the chance, many years ago to purchase a second-hand walnut 'EMPIRE' from Tyne & Wear, although Pickfords had a terrible time moving it down to Abergavenny and in fact it was too big and heavy (I'd say heavier than a small upright Piano!) to move to the second floor of the apartments in which I live.

So I engaged a local Conservation Joiner to rebuild in MDF most of the original sections although I kept the 'table' but had it reduced in width. The parts were painted Antique White and I would collect a finished section about once a week. I installed an LED Colour-change system which is mounted on the rear panel.

Unfortunately, I recently discovered that some of the voices have suddenly stopped working and because of other commitments (including building a large 5U and Eurorack Synthesizer) I have neglected to sort things out.

So at present this isn't yet a Miditzer project, but I have successfully used the MIDI to ACC/SOLO couplers to play notes on the trial version. Next I need to configure the stop-tabs to activate the virtual ones (if the EMPIRE will allow that).

The slightly hidden Viscount VIVACE30 controls the big Synthesizers.com BOX66 with two parallel complete synths with layout configured as :-

QUAD LFO, QUAD VCA, QUAD A-R, VCO, SVF, VCO, RM, VCLF, VCO, WAVEFOLDER, MIXER, DIGITAL RVB, SPRING RVB, ADSR, VCA, EXT INPUT/OUTPUT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Re: Viscount EMPIRE

Post by Jim Henry » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:21 am

Thanks for sharing. Handsome console! Looks like it will be a fun project. Feel free to ask if there is anything we might be able to do to speed you on your way.
Jim Henry

MarkLaEl

Re: Viscount EMPIRE

Post by MarkLaEl » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:32 am

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for your reply.
Will keep you posted as things progress