Looking for a Swell pedal in Europe

Comments and suggestions regarding Marketplace products
MCV
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Looking for a Swell pedal in Europe

Post by MCV » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi,

I live in France and I want to buy a swell pedal. Does anyone know a supplier in Europe ?

I know many people here are in the US. US mail fares and custom taxes are just too expensive !

Thanks
MCV
Last edited by MCV on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Re: Lookin for a Swell pedal in Europe

Post by Jim Henry » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:19 pm

What do you want the swell pedal to do?

If you want the swell pedal to control the swell function of the Miditzer it would need to output MIDI messages. I don't know of any off the shelf swell pedals that do that. I think some keyboards will produce MIDI messages using a volume pedal plugged into the keyboard.

But if you just want the pedal to control the volume of external speakers then you can use pedals that are potentiometers that attenuate the line out signal being sent to an amplifier. I imagine this would work for signals going to headphones too but I've never tried it. Behringer makes the FCV100, an inexpensive pedal of this sort: https://www.amazon.fr/Behringer-FCV100- ... B0002KYXTM. This pedal can also be plugged into some keyboards, but notably not Roland keyboards unless you use an adapter.
Jim Henry

MCV

Re: Looking for a Swell pedal in Europe

Post by MCV » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Jim Henry wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:19 pm
What do you want the swell pedal to do?

If you want the swell pedal to control the swell function of the Miditzer it would need to output MIDI messages. I don't know of any off the shelf swell pedals that do that. I think some keyboards will produce MIDI messages using a volume pedal plugged into the keyboard.
Thanks Jim.
This is what I am looking for. I would like to control the Swell and Crescendo. I don't trust my keyboards to send any messages from a pedal connected to them, though I didn't think of that possibility before. Perhaps I should try this option in the fist. It is easier to find a pedal with a jack connector than one with an USB cable.

Manuel

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Re: Looking for a Swell pedal in Europe

Post by Jim Henry » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:56 pm

The Miditzer will accept any MIDI Continuous Controller (CC) message for expression control, swell or crescendo. If you want help trying to determine if your keyboard will provide a suitable MIDI output before you get a pedal, let us know what keyboard(s) you have.

You definitely need to get MIDI messages to control crescendo. And dumb me for forgetting about that. :oops:
Jim Henry