Connect volume pedal to 260 TPO

You need one or moreMIDI keyboards to really play the Miditzer
jerryqnz
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Connect volume pedal to 260 TPO

Post by jerryqnz » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:34 am

Hi. I need help in reconnecting my volume pedal to my 260 TPO setup. I used to have it for a long time, but bought a new computer and somehow lost it and I can't remember how I connected it. I have tried using "Midi Solutions Programming Tools" and "Bome SendSX" but no luck so far. I have a Midi Solutions Pedal Controller connected to my M-Gear pedal. I can send sysex messages to the Miditzer 260 TPO screen, tried F0 00 00 50 16 00 01 00 00 00 00 F7 and F0 00 00 50 16 00 aa bb cc dd ee F7 in different ways, but no luck so far. Can anyone reply with a list of instructions that I can follow to connect my volume pedal once more? I really miss it. Thanks, Jerry R.
JerryQnz

csw900
Groupie
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Connect volume pedal to 260 TPO

Post by csw900 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi

The midi solutions pedal controller sends (by default) CC#7 (volume) on MIDI channel 1.

I think the control change is correct but the channel needs to be changed to 16 for the miditzer.

csw900

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Connect volume pedal to 260 TPO

Post by Jim Henry » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:55 pm

The Miditzer is pretty versatile with regards to volume (expression) pedals as long as they send some type of Control Change (CC) message. You have a choice of configuring the Miditzer to match what your volume pedal sends or configuring the volume pedal to send what the Miditzer expects by default.

If the MIDI Solutions pedal controller sends (by default) CC#7 (volume) on MIDI channel 1, go to the Miditzer Settings and look at what Clavier uses Channel 1. The default is the Solo Clavier. Then go to the Expression tab and make these settings:
  • On the Swell Solo line right click "aux" in the ON column and select Solo so that the Miditzer uses channel 1 for the Swell Solo pedal
  • On the right hand side check the box for "Use single swell pedal" so that the Solo Swell pedal also controls the Main Swell pedal
Otherwise you can do as csw900 suggests and set the MIDI Solutions pedal controller to send on Channel 16 (or 15 if they use 0-15 for channel numbers). You will still want to check the box for "Use single swell pedal" in the Miditzer Settings.
Jim Henry