Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
paul.long
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

technics g100

Post by paul.long » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:38 pm

hi
can someplease enlighten me
i have miditzer on my pc but what cables do i need from my pc to my technics please.

thanks

Pau

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Re: technics g100

Post by Jim Henry » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:59 pm

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Miditzer community!

I assume your Technics has round 5 pin connectors labeled MIDI In, MIDI Out, and maybe MIDI Thru. If that is not correct, then nothing that follows is correct either.

You need a MIDI to USB cable. Stay away from the no name generic cables. Sometimes they work fine and sometimes they will have strange problems that will drive you insane. It seems like a lot of the trusted brands have discontinued their cables. I haven't personally used the MIO 1x1 cable but I am familiar with the brand. It seems like a good choice: https://www.amazon.com/iConnectivity-mi ... B00CO5IRSG

You only need a connection from MIDI Out. It won't hurt to also connect MIDI In. It can be confusing to figure out which cable goes to Out. It won't damage anything if you get it backward. Based on an Amazon review, the cable labeled MIDI In on the MIO cable is the one to plug into the receptacle on the Technics labeled MIDI Out. It seems backward but the MIDI convention is that Out connects to In, which does make sense if you think about what is going on at the connection. Apparently this cable does not have LEDs to indicate that data is passing through the cable, which is disappointing. LEDs are handy for troubleshooting.

I have a different model Technics organ. Mine sends a MIDI All Notes Off (Panic!) message when the last key on a keyboard is released. However, it will do that even if a key is being held on another manual. If you find this is happening with your Technics, go to the Miditzer setting for Pistons and clear the checkbox for "Enable MIDI Panic".

My Technics has an analog expression pedal. It does not send MIDI messages. If yours is also analog, then there is no way to control the Miditzer expression with the Technics pedal. If you can route the Audio out from your PC into the Technics, then you may be able to play the audio out of the PC on the Technics speakers and control that volume with the Technics expression pedal. If you do this, open the Miditzer expression pedal fully with your mouse and leave it that way.
Jim Henry

paul.long

Re: technics g100

Post by paul.long » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:42 am

cheers fella much appreciated